Montana added another 408 COVID-19 cases and six deaths in an update Thursday morning to the state's case mapping and information website.
The report brings the statewide active case total to 4,841 and the number of deaths to 1,100. Since Jan. 1 the state has seen 129 COVID-19 deaths.
Counties added the following number of COVID-19 deaths to the state website on Thursday:
- Cascade with two (124 people total)
- Custer with one (11 people total)
- Glacier with one (25 people total)
- Lewis and Clark with one (50 people total)
- Valley with one (10 people total)
A total of 137 people were actively hospitalized in the state as a result of COVID-19. There have been 4,049 hospitalizations in the state.
Six out of 10 of Montana's large hospitals reported having limited bed availability or being near capacity as of Wednesday. Four out of 10 reported limited availability of intensive care units, according to a report updated Wednesday by the Montana Department of Public Health and Human Services.
As of Wednesday, 57,220 people had been given a dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, with 9,121 of them considered fully immunized through vaccination, according to a vaccine data tracker from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Montana has had 90,649 confirmed cases. Of those people infected, 84,708 are considered recovered, meaning they meet the CDC guidelines for a person with COVID-19 to be released from isolation. That does not necessarily mean a person is no longer experiencing symptoms or other health issues related to their illness.
Another 4,886 tests were completed by Thursday, bringing the state testing total to 892,770.
Counties added the following number of cases in Thursday's update:
- Flathead County with 66 cases (633 active)
- Yellowstone County with 49 cases (965 active)
- Missoula County with 48 cases (349 active)
- Gallatin County with 45 cases (531 active)
- Silver Bow County with 19 cases (124 active)
- Deer Lodge County with 18 cases (51 active)
- Lewis and Clark County with 17 cases (459 active)
- Cascade County with 16 cases (561 active)
- Park County with 15 cases (100 active)
- Ravalli County with 14 cases (69 active)
- Lincoln County with 13 cases (105 active)
- Phillips County with 11 cases (19 active)
- Jefferson County with seven cases (55 active)
- Pondera County with seven cases (17 active)
- Carbon County with six cases (26 active)
- Lake County with six cases (88 active)
- Daniels County with five cases (22 active)
- Powell County with five cases (30 active)
- Richland County with five cases (13 active)
- Beaverhead County with four cases (18 active)
- Custer County with four cases (23 active)
- Teton County with four cases (24 active)
- Hill County with three cases (35 active)
- Madison County with three cases (63 active)
- Toole County with three cases (seven active)
- Valley County with three cases (21 active)
- Dawson County with two cases (16 active)
- Roosevelt County with two cases (18 active)
- Treasure County with two cases (four active)
- Big Horn County with one case (132 active)
- Fergus County with one case (73 active)
- Glacier County with one case (24 active)
- Judith Basin County with one case (five active)
- Powder River County with one case (one active)
- Stillwater County with one case (12 active)