Montana added 194 new cases of COVID-19 on Wednesday, while more than 258,000 residents are considered fully immunized from the virus.
The number of confirmed active cases in Montana dropped to 997, according to the latest update to the state virus mapping and tracking website. Data from the state Department of Public Health and Human Services showed no reported deaths connected to COVID-19, which as of Wednesday remained at 1,526 Montanans.
The number of vaccines administered by state health care workers has reached nearly 609,000. Several Montana counties halted use of the single dose Johnson and Johnson vaccine until federal agencies complete a review of any link it might have to an exceptionally rare blood clot. Supplies of the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines remain available throughout the state, and those who would like to schedule their first dose can do so at https://www.mtreadyclinic.org/.
There have been 106,631 positive cases in Montana since the start of the pandemic. Of those who have tested positive, 104,108 are considered to be recovered, meeting the standards set by the CDC for a person to leave isolation without infecting others.
The number of Montanans hospitalized for COVID-19 treatment remained at 51 on Wednesday. There have been 4,878 total hospitalizations due to the disease.
Another 3,856 tests were completed by Wednesday, for a total of 1,248,424.
Counties added the following number of cases in Wednesday’s update:
- Gallatin County with 84 (325 active)
- Big Horn County with 22 (11 active)
- Yellowstone County with 17 (137 active)
- Flathead County with 12 (65 active)
- Lewis and Clark County with 11 (64 active)
- Cascade County with nine (68 active)
- Deer Lodge County with nine (four active)
- Ravalli County with nine (38 active)
- Missoula County with eight (81 active)
- Richland County with six (three active)
- Silver Bow County with five (18 active)
- Cascade County with four (72 active)
- Lincoln County with four (29 active)
- Musselshell County with three (four active)
- Teton County with three (five active)
- Roosevelt County with two (14 active)
- Carbon County with one (one active)
- Glacier County with one (four active)
- Meagher County with one (two active)
- Stillwater County with one (two active)