Montana reported 120 new COVID-19 cases and the deaths of three more people in an update Tuesday morning to the state's case mapping and information website.
The state had 2,666 active cases at the time of the update. The new death brings the statewide death total to 1,331 people.
The number of total vaccine doses reported to have been administered in Montana increased by 2,911 from the previous day for a total of 184,483 doses administered statewide.
The number of Montanans reported to be fully vaccinated increased from Monday by 1,029. A total of 53,482 Montanans have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
Active COVID-19 hospitalizations were at 96 in the Tuesday update. Total COVID-19 hospitalizations in Montana have reached 4,461.
Three out of 10 large hospitals in the state reported having limited bed availability or being near capacity, according to a snapshot hospital occupancy and capacity report published by the Montana Department of Public Health and Human Services on Monday. One out of the 10 large hospitals in the state also reported limited availability of intensive care units in the same report.
Montana has reported 97,666 COVID-19 cases. Of those people infected, 93,669 are considered recovered, meaning they meet the CDC guidelines for a person with COVID-19 to be released from isolation. That does not necessarily mean a person is no longer experiencing symptoms or other health effects related to illness.
Another 1,383 tests had been completed by Tuesday to bring the statewide testing total to 1,025,367.
Counties added the following number of cases in the Tuesday update:
- Gallatin with 31 (264 active)
- Yellowstone with 18 (723 active)
- Flathead with 14 (488 active)
- Cascade with 13 (175 active
- Missoula with nine (159 active)
- Lewis and Clark with seven (211 active)
- Carbon with six (27 active)
- Lincoln with six (35 active)
- Madison with four (15 active)
- Liberty with two (11 active)
- Park with two (35 active)
- Chouteau with one (five active)
- Custer with one (one active)
- Deer Lodge with one (10 active)
- Fallon with one (three active)
- Hill with one (22 active)
- Mineral with one (two active)
- Silver Bow with one (58 active)
- Sweet Grass with one (eight active)