Montana added 180 new cases of COVID-19 on Wednesday, and one more resident has died due to the virus.
This brings the number of confirmed active cases in the state to 994, according to the state virus mapping and tracking website. The death reported Wednesday occurred in Toole County, according to data from the Montana Department of Public Health and Human Services, and the statewide death toll since the start of the pandemic has now reached 1,567 people.
As of Wednesday, Montana health care workers have administered 697,507 doses of COVID-19 vaccines. The number of residents fully immunized against the virus has reached over 315,000. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention considers a person to be fully immunized two weeks after receiving the final required dose of a vaccine.
The number of Montanans hospitalized to be treated for COVID-19 rose to 55 on Wednesday, up from 47 the previous day. The virus has put at least 4,991 state residents in the hospital since the outbreak began in March 2020.
Cumulatively, 108,489 people in Montana have tested positive for COVID-19. Of those who have tested positive, 105,928 are considered to be recovered, meeting the standards set by the CDC for an individual to leave isolation safely without infecting others.
People are also reading…
Another 3,163 tests were completed by Wednesday, for a total of 1,291,410.
Counties added the following number of cases in Wednesday’s update:
- Gallatin County with 35 (193 active)
- Yellowstone County with 33 (155 active)
- Flathead County with 25 (95 active)
- Cascade County with 22 (127 active)
- Missoula County with 14 (73 active)
- Lewis and Clark County with 11 (59 active)
- Ravalli County with eight (40 active)
- Richland County with six (11 active)
- Silver Bow County with four (21 active)
- Lake County with three (22 active)
- Rosebud County with three (eight active)
- Big Horn County with two (18 active)
- Beaverhead with one (four active)
- Broadwater County with one (nine active)
- Chouteau County with one (two active)
- Jefferson County with one (five active)
- Lincoln County with one (seven active)
- Madison County with one (nine active)
- Musselshell County with one (10 active)
- Roosevelt County with one (10 active)
- Sheridan County with one (one active)
- Teton County with one (three active)