Montana reported 143 COVID-19 cases and four more deaths attributed to the disease in a Tuesday update to the state case mapping and information website.
The active case total reported Tuesday was at 1,468 and the new deaths bring the number of deaths from the disease to 1,385.
The state reported one death each in Carbon (12 total), Dawson (29 total), Park (12 total) and Yellowstone (238 total) counties.
By Tuesday the state had administered 314,522 vaccine doses, an increase of 5,777 doses from Monday. The number of people fully vaccinated in the state increased by 2,373 to 117,763.
The number of people hospitalized due to the virus dropped to 58, down five from the previous day.
On Friday, six of the state’s 10 largest hospitals reported that between 70 and 90% of their beds were occupied, according to a Department of Public Health and Human Services report published Friday. All 10 were treating COVID-19 patients.
As of Tuesday, 101,093 Montana residents have tested positive for COVID-19. Of those, 98,240 are considered recovered, meeting CDC guidelines for an individual to safely leave isolation without infecting others. That does not necessarily mean that they are free of the adverse long-term health effects of the virus, such as fatigue and loss of taste and smell.
Another 3,901 tests for COVID-19 were completed by Tuesday, bringing the total to 1,110,533.
Counties added the following number of cases in Tuesday's update:
- Yellowstone County with 24 (583 active)
- Gallatin County with 19 (114 active)
- Cascade County with 16 (39 active)
- Lewis and Clark County with 14 (82 active)
- Ravalli County with 13 (50 active)
- Missoula County with 11 (97 active)
- Rosebud County with nine (three active)
- Silver Bow County with six (38 active)
- Lake County with four (47 active)
- Flathead County with three (146 active)
- Park County with three (39 active)
- Sheridan County with three (three active)
- Deer Lodge County with two (14 active)
- Madison County with two (27 active)
- Powell County with two (two active)
- Beaverhead County with one (two active)
- Blaine County with one (four active)
- Carbon County with one (six active)
- Fergus County with one (four active)
- Jefferson County with one (24 active)
- Phillips County with one (seven active)
- Roosevelt County with one (12 active)
- Sanders County with one (10 active)
- Stillwater County with one (four active)
- Sweet Grass County with one (six active)
- Valley County with one (10 active)
- Wheatland County with one (one active)