A draft document designed to help Montana battle invasive species is open to public comment.
The goals of these guidelines are to encourage:
• A well-coordinated rapid response;
• Collection and sharing of data in an organized way for informed decision making;
• That the extent of infestations is determined;
• Consideration of all control options;
• Preventing the further spread of invasive species;
• Transparent decision making;
• Coordinated and timely reporting, outreach and education to stakeholders and public;
• Economic and ecological damage from incident are mitigated.
The final guidelines will be submitted to MISC in October 2019.
The public comment period ends on Aug. 13. Public comment can be submitted electronically to Stephanie Hester, council coordinator, at email@example.com or by mail to DNRC, CARDD, PO Box 201601, Helena, MT 59620.