- At 5:08 a.m., an officer was dispatched to the 10 block of South Park at the request of Helena Fire Department for a report of a woman who activated a fire alarm when there was no fire. Officers met with the woman and identified her. While officers were issuing a citation, the woman pulled the fair alarm again. The 55-year-old Helena woman was arrested at this time. She was booked into the Lewis and Clark County Detention Center for two counts of false alarm to agencies of public safety.
- At 12:34 p.m., an officer was dispatched to the 700 block of South California for a report of mail theft.
- At 2:20 p.m., an officer responded to the 3100 block of Queen Anns Street for a report of a dispute about someone driving on private property. It was reported a vehicle was damaged by the complainant. At the conclusion of the investigation, a 53-year-old Helena area man was cited for criminal mischief. He was referred to municipal court.
- At 5:13 p.m., an officer responded to the 100 block of Briarwood for a report of identity theft. The case is active.
- At 11:43 p.m., an officer responded to the 900 block of Camelot for a report of a physical altercation between a male and female. One of the involved parties fled before officers arrived and the case is active.
The Helena Police Department responded to 71 calls for service. Of those calls, they responded to three vehicle crashes, seven welfare checks, three trespassing complaints and 11 suspicious circumstance calls.
You have free articles remaining.
As of Wednesday morning, the county jail held 103 inmates (95 for felonies and eight for misdemeanors). In total, the county has 115 inmates at various detention facilities. Ninety-nine clients are serviced by the 24/7 sobriety program. Of these, 46 are on Personal Breath Test, 36 are on Secure Continuous Remote Alcohol Monitor bracelet, five are on GPS, and 12 are on house arrest. Pretrial Services is currently working with 295 clients.