- 9:11 p.m., an officer spoke with a citizen concerning a possible road rage incident in the area of Montana and Custer Avenue. There is no information on the other involved driver.
- 9:13 a.m., the animal control officer picked up a found bicycle in the 2900 block of Billings Avenue. It is a black and grey Hyper Havoc mountain bike.
- 9:21 a.m., a resident reported a vehicle stolen from the 300 block of State Street between Jan. 4 and 5. The vehicle is a 1978 Chevy truck with Montana license 5-62103A.
- 10:26 a.m., an officer was called to the 2400 block of Winne Street concerning a male threatening others. The male was eventually transported to the hospital due to mental health concerns.
- 12:35 p.m., an officer was called to the 1500 block of Broadwater Circle concerning criminal mischief to a motor vehicle. The victim reported a slashed tire on her vehicle.
- 3:39 p.m., an officer investigated criminal mischief to a property in the 1800 block of Waukesha Avenue. The owner reported a pane of glass broken in one of the windows on the residence.
- 4:45 p.m., officers and Helena Fire responded to the county treasurer’s office in the city county building concerning a suspicious package. It was reported when the package was opened, there was an unknown powdery substance inside. There were no reported injuries in the incident, it was found the package had been received from another government office and was an expected shipment to their office; the package and substance were taken for testing.
- 5:11 p.m., an officer was called to investigate a disturbance at a residence in the 1800 block of Wilder Avenue. There were no arrests made in the incident.
- 6:02 p.m., an officer responded to a reported assault in the 100 block of Briarwood Lane. After investigating, the officer cited a 30-year-old Helena male for misdemeanor assault. He was cited and released.
- 7:53 p.m., officers responded to the area of Missoula and Roberts Street concerning two disorderly males. After investigating the incident, officers arrested a 17-year-old Helena male for first offense driving under the influence, aggravated DUI, underage possession of tobacco, underage possession of alcohol, disorderly conduct and for open container of alcohol in a motor vehicle. After processing, the male was cited and released to a parent.
- 8:05 p.m., an officer was called to a business in the 300 block of Euclid Avenue concerning a theft. The officer cited a 53-year-old Helena male for misdemeanor Theft. He was cited and released.
- 8:27 p.m., an officer investigated a burglary to a garage in the 500 block of Leslie Avenue. The owner reported her garage was entered and two mountain bikes taken. One of the bikes had been located a short distance of the house earlier and taken by an officer as a found bike.
As of Thursday morning, the county jail held 103 inmates (89 for felonies and 14 for misdemeanors). In total, the county has 127 inmates at various detention facilities. 106 clients are serviced by the 24/7 sobriety program. Of these, 45 are on Personal Breath Test, 41 are on Secure Continuous Remote Alcohol Monitor bracelet, 14 are on GPS, and six are on house arrest. Pretrial Services is currently working with 280 clients.