- 9:42 p.m., an officer spoke with a complainant concerning possible drug activity in the 500 block of Logan Street.
- 8:47 a.m., an officer responded to the 1900 block of Prospect Avenue to check on a female. She requested a ride to the hospital due to mental health issues she was having. The officer transported her to the hospital.
- 2:10 p.m., an officer met with a citizen at the law enforcement center concerning a possible theft.
- 2:19 p.m., an officer arrested a 61-year-old East Helena female at the state probation offices on North Rodney on an outstanding warrant. She was transported and booked at the detention center.
- 11:57 p.m., officers were called to investigate a possible missing persons report in the 1000 block of Sixth Avenue. The missing female and 3-year-old child were located at about 7 a.m., this morning and are safe.
- 3:54 p.m., officers were called to a residence in the 1900 block of North Sanders Street concerning a possible disturbance. It was learned this was likely a false report made to law enforcement, as similar reports had been made in the past. No charges were filed in this incident.
- 8:28 a.m., an officer was called to investigate a theft from a motor vehicle in the 1000 block of Dearborn Avenue. The victim reported missing her purse and miscellaneous belongings with it.
On January 3, Helena PD officers responded to 59 calls for service, including three disturbance/disorderly conduct incidents, three criminal trespassing complaints and three warrant-related incidents.
In the past week (December 27 – January 3), officers responded to 532 calls for service, including nine abandoned calls to 911, 36 traffic crashes, investigated five burglary reports, 35 disturbance calls, 40 fraud/thefts, and made 109 traffic stops of vehicles for various traffic violations.
As of Friday morning, the county jail held 103 inmates (93 for felonies and 10 for misdemeanors). In total, the county has 126 inmates at various detention facilities. 111 clients are serviced by the 24/7 sobriety program. Of these, 48 are on PBT (Personal Breath Test), 45 are on SCRAM (Secure Continuous Remote Alcohol Monitor bracelet), 12 are on GPS, and six are on house arrest. Pretrial Services is currently working with 271 clients.