- At 1:15 a.m., an officer stopped a vehicle for a traffic violation in near Townsend and North Montana Avenue. After an investigation, the officer arrested the driver, a 25-year-old Helena male, for second offense DUI, aggravated DUI and several traffic offenses. He was booked at the detention center.
- At 11:28 a.m., officers arrested a 33-year-old Helena male in the 1000 block of Prospect on an outstanding warrant and criminal possession of drug paraphernalia. He was booked at the detention center.
- At 4:22 p.m., officers cited a 58-year-old Helena male for open container and obstructing a peace officer in the 400 block of Fuller Avenue. He was cited and released.
- At 10:36 p.m., a vehicle reported stolen from a Helena vehicle dealership on June 19 was recovered by the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office. The investigation into the theft is continuing.
You have free articles remaining.
- At 1:24 a.m., officers arrested a 45-year-old Helena male in the 3200 block of Highway 12 East on an outstanding warrant. He was booked at the detention center.
On July 9, 2019 Helena Police Department officers responded to 57 calls for service, including four non-injury vehicle crashes, three disorderly or disturbance calls, three thefts and made six vehicle stops for various traffic offenses.
As of Wednesday morning, the county jail held 108 inmates (94 for felonies and 14 for misdemeanors). In total, the county has 117 inmates at various detention facilities. 83 clients are serviced by the 24/7 sobriety program. Of these, 44 are on PBT (Personal Breath Test), 30 are on SCRAM (Secure Continuous Remote Alcohol Monitor bracelet), three are on GPS, and six are on house arrest. Pretrial Services is currently working with 300 clients.