- At 12:14 a.m., an officer responded to the 600 block of N. Montana Avenue for a report of shoplifting. The case is active.
- At 7:53 a.m., an officer was dispatched to the 800 block of N. Park for a report of a theft of auto parts.
- At 8:06 a.m., an officer responded to the 800 block of 9th to meet with a male on an unrelated matter. When the officer met with the male, it was discovered he had a valid warrant for his arrest. The male was arrested for the warrant and was found to be in possession of dangerous drugs as well as drug paraphernalia. The 25-year-old Helena man was booked into the Lewis and Clark County Detention Center on the aforementioned charges.
- At 8:09 a.m., an officer was dispatched to the 10 block of Harrison for a report of a theft of auto parts.
- At 12:45 p.m., officers responded to the area of Montana and Birch for a report of a vehicle that was reported stolen driving in the area. The vehicle was located by an officer, who attempted to conduct a traffic stop on the vehicle. The driver did not stop and attempted to elude the officer. A short pursuit occurred before the driver crashed into a fence and then drove out onto a field. The driver then fled on foot, but was caught and arrested. While fleeing on foot, the 37-year-old Boulder man threw out dangerous drugs (methamphetamine). He was booked into the Lewis and Clark County Detention Center for possession of stolen property, tampering with evidence, possession of dangerous drugs, possession of drug paraphernalia, obstructing a peace officer, eluding a police officer, reckless driving, hit and run, fail to notify and driving while suspended.
- At 2:27 p.m., an officer responded to the 600 block of 2nd Street for a report of a violation of a protection order. The case is active.
- At 3:30 p.m., an officer was dispatched to the 3100 block of North Montana for a report of a cold shoplift.
- At 5:17 p.m., an officer was dispatched to the area of Benton and Leslie for a report of vandalism to a vehicle.
You have free articles remaining.
- At 5:58 p.m., an officer responded to the 1800 block of Cedar for a report of a lost wallet.
- At 11:27 p.m., an officer was dispatched to the 2100 block of Last Chance Gulch for a report of vandalism to a vehicle.
- At 11:41 p.m., an officer responded to a family disturbance. Nothing criminal occurred.
The Helena Police Department responded to 67 calls for service. Of those calls, they responded to three vehicle crashes, five welfare checks, one trespassing complaint and four suspicious circumstance calls.
As of Wednesday morning, the county jail held 108 inmates (98 for felonies and 10 for misdemeanors). In total, the county has 137 inmates at various detention facilities. One-hundred-four clients are serviced by the 24/7 sobriety program. Of these, 49 are on Personal Breath Test, 35 are on Secure Continuous Remote Alcohol Monitor bracelet, 13 are on GPS and seven are on house arrest. Pretrial Services is currently working with 293 clients.