- At 8:37 a.m., an officer met with a citizen at the law enforcement center concerning a theft from his motor vehicle in the 900 block of 9th Avenue. The victim reported his stolen driver's license had also been used out of state in an attempt to cash a fraudulent check. The officer is continuing to investigate.
- At 9:29 a.m., an officer was called to investigate a disturbance and alleged assault that occurred about two weeks prior. After investigating, officers arrested a 27-year-old Helena male for first offense partner or family member assault. He was booked at the detention center.
- At 1:32 p.m., a school resource officer cited a 16-year-old Helena male for criminal possession of dangerous drugs (misdemeanor) and possession of drug paraphernalia at Capital High School. The male was cited and released to a parent.
- At 3:22 p.m., officers were called to a residence in the 2500 block of Country Club Avenue concerning an assault. After investigating, officers arrested a 27-year-old Helena female for first offense partner or family member assault. She was booked at the detention center.
- At 5:08 p.m., officers responded to the 500 block of Logan Street to assist the Helena Fire Department. It was reported someone had pulled a fire alarm activation station in the building, though there was no fire. The officer located and cited a 31-year-old Helena female for false alarms to agencies of public safety. She was cited and released.
- At 5:27 p.m., an officer spoke with a citizen concerning loss or theft of cash while at a business in the 2700 block of Prospect Avenue. The victim reported misplacing or having stolen from them an envelope containing several hundred dollars in cash.
- At 8:14 p.m., officers responded to a disturbance in the 300 block of South California Street. No arrests were made.
- At 9:04 p.m., an officer was dispatched to investigate a possible violation of a no contact order in the 1400 block of North Sanders Street. The suspect in the violation was incarcerated in the detention center and was making telephone calls to the victim. The officer met the suspect, a 36-year-old Helena male, in the detention center and arrested him for three counts of violation of a no contact order. He was booked on the new charges.
- At 11:17 p.m., an officer responded to a residence in the 500 block of Leslie Avenue concerning a burglary to the residence. The victim reported someone had attempted breaking into their garage, but had been chased away.
- At 1:39 a.m., an officer stopped a vehicle near Washington and Cedar streets for a traffic violation. After investigation, the officer arrested the driver, a 27-year-old Helena male, for third offense driving under the influence and aggravated DUI. He was booked at the detention center.
For the first week of 2019 (Jan. 1 - Jan. 7), Helena police officers have responded to 447 calls for service and begun 108 criminal case reports.
As of Tuesday morning, the county jail held 109 inmates (95 for felonies and 14 for misdemeanors). In total, the county has 132 inmates at various detention facilities. One-hundred-eight clients are serviced by the 24/7 sobriety program. Of these, 47 are on Personal Breath Test, 41 are on Secure Continuous Remote Alcohol Monitor bracelet, 14 are on GPS, and six are on house arrest. Pretrial Services is currently working with 273 clients.