- At 1 a.m., officers were dispatched to 2900 block of Prospect for a report of a domestic disturbance. Upon arrival, officers located the involved parties; the involved male was located on the roof of a neighboring business. Officers were eventually able to detain the male and remove him from the roof. It was determined the couple were engaged in an argument that escalated to the male throwing a metal post at the female. At the conclusion of the investigation, the 45-year-old Helena man was arrested for assault with a weapon, stalking, partner/family member assault, trespassing and obstructing a police officer. He was booked into the LCSO jail.
- At 4:03 a.m., officers were dispatched to the 10 block of East 11th Avenue for a report of a female trespassing. The 44-year-old Helena area female was located and cited for trespassing. She was referred to Municipal Court.
- At 12:29 p.m., an officer responded to the 300 block of Euclid for a report of a violation of a restraining order. The suspect, a 22-year-old Helena man, was later located and arrested for the violation. He was booked into the LCSO jail.
- At 9:58 p.m., an officer was dispatched to the 500 block of Last Chance Gulch for a report of a male threatening others. The male was located and identified. At the conclusion of the investigation, the 40-year-old Helena area man was cited for disorderly conduct. He was referred to Municipal Court.
- At 9:30 p.m., officers responded to the 3300 block of Tricia for a report of a physical altercation between a male and female. When the officer arrived, the involved male ran. When officers were able to catch up to the male, he refused to comply and held what was believed to be a knife to his neck. Officers were able to subdue the male with a Taser deployment. Drug paraphernalia was located on his person. It was learned the male and female (known to each other) were in an argument at which time he assaulted her and took her purse. When the female ran after him in attempts to get her purse back, the male pulled out a box cutter and threatened her. At the conclusion of the investigation, the 43-year-old Helena man was arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia, assault with a weapon, robbery, probation violation and partner/family member assault (fifth). He was booked into the LCSO jail.
The Helena Police Department responded to 121 calls for service, including six animal calls, five theft calls, eigth trespassing calls, 11 welfare checks and nine suspicious circumstance calls. Officers also conducted 13 traffic stops.
As of Tuesday morning, the county jail held 106 inmates (94 for felonies and 12 for misdemeanors). In total, the county has 117 inmates at various detention facilities. One hundred and nine clients are serviced by the 24/7 sobriety program. Of these, 70 are on PBT (Personal Breath Test), 30 are on SCRAM (Secure Continuous Remote Alcohol Monitor bracelet), five are on GPS and four are on house arrest. Pretrial Services is currently working with 324 clients.