- At 5:06 p.m., an officer was called to the Helena Regional Airport concerning drugs and paraphernalia located in checked baggage. The officer cited a 39-year-old male from Oklahoma for misdemeanor criminal possession of dangerous drugs and criminal possession of drug paraphernalia. He was cited and released.
- At 6:39 p.m., officers were called to a disturbance at a residence in the 100 block of North Rodney St. Officers arrested a 33-year-old Helena male for misdemeanor partner or family member assault, misdemeanor assault and failure to register as a sexual or violent offender. He was booked at the detention center.
- At 12:21 p.m., officers were called to the area of the 1400 block of Missoula Avenue concerning possible theft and criminal mischief. An officer stopped a male nearby and discovered he had a warrant for his arrest. The 30-year-old Helena male was booked at the detention center. Officers determined there had been no theft or criminal mischief.
- At 12:58 p.m., officers responded to check on a suspicious vehicle parked near Harris and Gallatin Street. Officers arrested a 36-year-old female on two outstanding warrants and a 31-year-old male on two outstanding arrest warrants, misdemeanor criminal possession of dangerous drugs, criminal possession of drug paraphernalia and obstructing a peace officer (for lying about his identity to the officers). Both were booked at the detention center.
You have free articles remaining.
- At 7:29 p.m., officers responded to the 3000 block of North Sanders concerning a possible assault. After investigation, officers located the suspect -- a 24-year-old East Helena male -- at an address in East Helena, arresting him for first offense partner or family member assault and criminal mischief. He was booked at the detention center.
- At 12:32 a.m., an officer was called to the 2700 block of Prospect concerning a female trespassing on the property. She had previously been trespassed from the business after a theft. The officer located the 30-year-old Helena female inside the store and arrested her for criminal trespass to property in addition to two outstanding arrest warrants. She was booked at the detention center.
On Aug. 19, Helena Police Department officers responded to 90 calls for service, including eight traffic crashes, three assaults, six disorderly conduct or disturbance incidents and four thefts.
As of Tuesday morning, the county jail held 110 inmates (94 for felonies and 16 for misdemeanors). In total, the county has 125 inmates at various detention facilities. There are 74 clients serviced by the 24/7 sobriety program. Of these, 46 are on PBT (Personal Breath Test), 21 are on SCRAM (Secure Continuous Remote Alcohol Monitor bracelet), four are on GPS and three are on house arrest. Pretrial Services is currently working with 310 clients.