- At 1:15 a.m., an officer stopped a vehicle for a traffic violation in the area of Montana and Townsend. At the conclusion of the investigation, a 25-year-old male was placed under arrest for second offense DUI, aggravated DUI, speeding, first offense no insurance, seatbelt violation and no valid driver’s license.
- At 6:15 p.m., an officer met with an individual concerning a theft that had occurred earlier. At the conclusion of the investigation, a 37-year-old male was placed under arrest for a probation violation, theft, possession of drug paraphernalia and no proof of insurance.
- At 7:05 p.m., an officer responded to the 1600 block of Aspen for a report of a disturbance. The suspect in the disturbance had left prior to officers arrival but was later located. At the conclusion of the investigation, a 40-year-old male was placed under arrest for first offense partner family member assault, tampering with a communication device and possession of dangerous drugs.
- At 12:53 a.m., officers arrested a 34-year-old Helena male in the 1800 block of Custer Avenue on an outstanding warrant. He was booked at the detention center.
- At 6:44 a.m., an officer cited a 33-year-old Helena male for criminal trespass to property at a business in the 2700 block of Prospect Avenue. He was cited and released.
On July 10, Helena Police Department officers responded to 87 calls for service including six accidents, nine disturbances/disorderly, five suspicious circumstances and seven thefts.
As of Wednesday morning, the county jail held 112 inmates (96 for felonies and 16 for misdemeanors). In total, the county has 122 inmates at various detention facilities. Eighty-three clients are serviced by the 24/7 sobriety program. Of these, 44 are on PBT (Personal Breath Test), 30 are on SCRAM (Secure Continuous Remote Alcohol Monitor bracelet), three are on GPS and six are on house arrest. Pretrial Services is currently working with 300 clients.