- At 11:46 a.m., an officer was called to an address in the 1200 block of Cedar Street concerning a disturbance. After investigation, the officer arrested an 18-year-old Helena woman, charging her with three counts of partner or family member assault, assault with a weapon, unlawful restraint and stalking. The charges were based on several incidents involving the victim on July 16 and 17. She was booked at the detention center.
- At 5:59 p.m., an officer took a report of a vehicle stolen from the 1400 block of Dodge Avenue. The vehicle is a 2000 white Chevrolet pickup with Montana license AAJJ3619.
- At 2:05 a.m., an officer stopped a vehicle near Lyndale Avenue and Cooke Street for a traffic violation, arresting the driver — a 26-year-old East Helena man — for DUI (first offense). He was booked at the detention center.
- At 9:04 a.m., an officer cited a 30-year-old Helena woman for misdemeanor theft and criminal trespass to property at a business in the 2700 block of Prospect Avenue. The female had been previously trespassed from the property, but returned today and was concealing items in her purse in order to make a fraudulent return for cash. She was cited and released.
- At 1:38 a.m., an officer stopped a vehicle near 6th Avenue and Rodney Street that was being operated without headlights. After investigating, the officer arrested the driver — a 30-year-old Helena woman — for DUI (first offense). She was booked at the detention center.
- At 1:59 a.m., officers stopped a vehicle for a traffic violation near 6th and Montana avenues, arresting the driver — a 36-year-old Helena man — DUI (sixth offense), aggravated DUI and driving with a suspended/revoked driver's license. He was booked at the detention center.
- At 2:44 p.m., an officer arrested a 40-year-old Helena woman in the 2700 block of Prospect Avenue on an outstanding warrant. She was booked at the detention center.
- At 5:02 p.m., an officer was called to the 100 block of North Rodney Street concerning a theft. The victim reported losing his cellphone in the business. The officer located video evidence of a male and female stealing the phone. The officer located and cited a 23-year-old Helena woman for theft. She was cited and released. Also, a 28-year-old Helena man was arrested for theft, obstructing a peace officer (for providing a false name during the investigation) and for an outstanding warrant. He was booked at the detention center.
- At 7:38 p.m., an officer stopped a vehicle near Green Meadow Dvie and Barney Street for several traffic violations. After investigation, the officer arrested the driver — a 26-year-old Winston man — for DUI (fourth offense), aggravated DUI, driving with a suspended/revoked driver's license, operating a motor vehicle with expired registration and for operating a vehicle without liability insurance. He was booked at the detention center.
- At 1:50 a.m., officers were called to a residence in the 1400 block of Missoula Avenue concerning a possible burglary to the residence in progress. An officer located the male suspect a short distance from the apartment and, after investigating the incident, arrested the 18-year-old Helena man for assault with a weapon. The male had in his possession a realistic BB gun replica of a handgun and had threatened to shoot the victim. The male was booked at the detention center.
On Friday, Helena Police Department officers responded to 82 calls for service, including 10 non-injury traffic crashes, five disorderly conduct/disturbance incidents and 10 thefts/frauds. On Saturday, 2019 HPD officers responded to 67 calls for service, including one motor vehicle crash with injuries, three non-injury crashes, nine animal control-related incidents, six disorderly conduct/disturbance calls, five theft incidents and made eight traffic stops for various traffic offenses.