- At 10:21 p.m., an officer met with a complainant at the Law Enforcement Center concerning the possible violation of a protection order.
- At 1:52 a.m., an officer discovered an assault occurring in the 10 block of Jackson Street and arrested a 22-year-old Helena man for disorderly conduct, criminal possession of drug paraphernalia, criminal possession of dangerous drugs (misdemeanor) and for violating the terms of his probation. He was booked at the detention center.
- At 2:35 a.m., an officer stopped a vehicle for a traffic violation near 11th Avenue and Rodney Street. The driver, a 39-year-old Helena man, was arrested for several outstanding warrants in addition to driving with a suspended license, no insurance (third offense) and expired vehicle registration. In addition, another person approached officers and reported the arrested man had stolen property from him a short time before the stop. The officer is continuing to investigate the theft allegation.
- At 2:57 a.m., an officer responded to a call of a male passed out behind the wheel of a vehicle on the southbound I-15 off-ramp at Prospect Avenue. After investigating, the officer arrested the driver, a 19-year-old Helena man, for DUI (first offense), underage possession of alcohol, driving with a suspended license and no insurance. He was booked at the detention center.
- At 10:26 a.m., officers responded to speak with a female in the 800 block of Great Northern Boulevard. The female was eventually placed into protective custody and transported to the hospital for evaluation.
- At 11:16 a.m., an officer stopped a motor vehicle for driving the wrong way on 11th Avenue near Montana Avenue. While officers were citing the driver, a 63-year-old Helena man, for several traffic violations, a male known to the officers as a probation absconder got out of the vehicle and fled. Officers pursued and caught the male a short distance away. The 41-year-old Helena man was arrested for obstructing a peace officer, criminal possession of drug paraphernalia and an outstanding petition to revoke warrant. He was booked at the detention center.
- At 12:42 p.m., an officer spoke with a citizen about a lost wallet in the 1300 block of 6th Avenue.
- At 2:53 p.m., an officer responded to a business in the 3100 block of North Montana Avenue concerning a theft. The officer learned a man had concealed merchandise and left without paying. The officer was able to identify the man, a 32-year-old East Helena resident, and later located him. He was cited for theft and released.
- At 4:51 p.m., an officer met with a citizen concerning the theft of his cellphone. A possible suspect was identified and the officer is continuing to investigate.
- At 5:17 p.m., an officer took a report of a theft of medication from a residence in the 1000 block of Breckenridge Street.
- At 1:33 a.m., an officer stopped a vehicle for a traffic violation near Benton Avenue and Hauser Boulevard. The officer arrested the driver, a 22-year-old Helena man, for DUI (first offense) and failure to stop for a stop sign. He was booked at the detention center.
As of Sunday morning, the county jail held 108 inmates (95 for felonies and 13 for misdemeanors). In total, the county has 131 inmates at various detention facilities. There are 111 clients serviced by the 24/7 sobriety program. Of these, 48 are on Personal Breath Test, 45 are on Secure Continuous Remote Alcohol Monitor bracelet, 12 are on GPS and six are on house arrest. Pretrial Services is currently working with 271 clients.