- At 9:59 a.m., an officer investigated a disturbance in the 2700 block of Colonial Drive. The officer cited a juvenile male for criminal mischief and assault with a bodily fluid for causing damage to the facility and spitting on a staff member. The male was cited and released to staff.
- At 4:09 p.m., an officer took a report from a citizen of a lost handgun. The complainant reported the pistol had apparently fallen from his belt while he was on a bicycle ride.
- At 12:39 a.m., an officer stopped a vehicle near Lawrence Street and Last Chance Gulch for a traffic violation. The officer arrested the driver of the vehicle, a 33-year-old Helena man, for DUI (first offense) and for failure to have liability insurance (second offense). He was booked at the detention center.
- At 9:11 a.m., a school resource officer cited a 14-year-old male CR Anderson student for criminal possession of dangerous drugs. He was cited and released to a parent.
- At 4:34 p.m., officers responded to the 10 block of North Jackson Street for an assault. Officers determined there had been an altercation, during which a man was struck in the arm with a shovel, causing injury. Officers arrested a 62-year-old Helena man for assault with a weapon. He was booked at the detention center.
- At 9:10 p.m., an officer responded to a complaint of a female creating a disturbance in the 500 block of North Last Chance Gulch. The officer cited the 42-year-old Helena woman for criminal trespass to property, as she had previously been trespassed from the property. She was cited and released.
HPD officers responded to 118 calls for service on Friday, including one injury - motor vehicle crash, seven non-injury crashes, nine animal control incidents, five thefts and 19 traffic stops of vehicles for traffic violations.