- At 1:28 a.m., an officer was dispatched to the 10 block of last Chance Gulch for a report of a male slumped over the steering wheel of a vehicle. The officer located the vehicle and made contact with the male. The male demonstrated signs of impairment and was tested for DUI. At the conclusion of the investigation, the 21-year-old Helena man was arrested for aggravated DUI. He was booked into the LCSO jail.
- At 1:59 p.m., an officer responded to the 1300 block of Laurel for a report of a physical altercation in progress. When officers arrived, the suspect was detained. At the conclusion of the investigation, the 27-year-old Helena man was cited for assault and trespass to a motor vehicle. He was referred to Municipal Court.
- At 3:30 p.m., officers responded to the hospital for a report of a female there with injuries and had possibly been assaulted. An officer met with a female and learned there was a physical altercation between her and her husband. Her husband and his friend were still at the residence, were both on probation, and both intoxicated. Another officer, along with a probation officer, responded to the residence and located both males. At the conclusion of the investigation, the 36-year-old Helena woman was arrested for partner/family member assault. Both males, a 40-year-old Helena man and a 41-year-old Helena man, were arrested for probation violations. All of three were booked into the LCSO jail.
- At 3:49 p.m., an officer responded to the 2100 block of Livingston for a report of a juvenile male being disorderly. Upon arrival, it was discovered the juvenile male was in possession of drug paraphernalia. He was cited and referred to Juvenile Probation.
- At 6:43 p.m., an officer responded to the 600 block of Helena Avenue for a report of a male refusing to leave a business. The male was located in the business and ultimately arrested for trespassing. The 37-year-old Helena area man was booked into the LCSO jail.
- At 8:11 p.m., officers were dispatched to the 900 block of Hialeah for a report of a male that was possibly hurting himself. Upon arrival, an officer spoke with the female complainant and her son, who was acting very strange. At the conclusion of the investigation, the male, a 51-year-old Helena man, was arrested for partner/family member assault and booked into the LCSO jail.
The Helena Police Department responded to 60 calls for service including 10 vehicle crashes, two disorderly calls, two theft calls, four welfare checks and 10 suspicious circumstance calls. Officers also conducted three traffic stops.
You have free articles remaining.
As of Monday morning, the county jail held 111 inmates (99 for felonies and 12 for misdemeanors). In total, the county has 121 inmates at various detention facilities. Eighty-five clients are serviced by the 24/7 sobriety program. Of these, 57 are on PBT (Personal Breath Test), 18 are on SCRAM (Secure Continuous Remote Alcohol Monitor bracelet), seven are on GPS and three are on house arrest. Pretrial Services is currently working with 351 clients.