- At 9:05 a.m., an officer was dispatched to the 1300 block of North Montana Avenue for a report of a male with a warrant. The 35-year-old male was located and subsequently placed under arrest for the warrant. He was booked into the LCSO jail.
- At 5:16 p.m., an officer was dispatched to the 2700 block of Prospect Avenue in regards to juveniles shoplifting. Two juvenile females were issued citations for theft and referred to Juvenile Probation.
- At 5:33 p.m., an officer was dispatched to the 2400 block of Belt View Drive regarding a male with a warrant. A 21-year-old male was located and subsequently placed under arrest for the warrant. He was referred to Helena Municipal Court.
You have free articles remaining.
- At 12:21 a.m., officers were sent to the 300 block of North Rodney Street regarding a domestic disturbance. At the conclusion of the investigation, a 52-year-old male was placed under arrest for 2nd offense Partner/ Family Member Assault and Probation Violation. The male was booked into the Lewis and Clark County Detention Center.
- At 10:52 a.m., an officer responded to the 800 block of Front Street for a report of minor in possession of dangerous drugs. At the conclusion of the investigation, a 17-year-old juvenile was cited for possession of dangerous drugs and released to a guardian.
- At 11:14 a.m., officers responded to the 3000 block of Cabernet Drive regarding a male at this location with several outstanding warrants for his arrest. Officers located and arrested the 44-year-old male. He was booked into the Lewis and Clark County Detention Center on one Helena Municipal Court warrant, two Lewis and Clark County Justice Court warrants, and three out of county warrants.
- At 1:50 p.m., officers responded to the 3500 block of North Montana Avenue regarding several subjects at this location suspected of stealing merchandise. At the conclusion of the investigation, a 24-year-old female was placed under arrest for four Helena Municipal Court warrants. A 18-year-old female was placed under arrest for a Cascade County Justice Court warrant, Obstructing a Peace Officer and Possession of Drug Paraphernalia. Both subjects were booked into the Lewis and Clark County Detention Center.
The Helena Police Department responded to 108 calls for service. A brief summary of some of the calls the Officers responded to are as follows: (4) non-injury crash, (11) animal calls, (10) suspicious incidents, (5) thefts, (5) disorderly, (5) domestics/family (10) welfare checks.
As of Friday morning, the county jail held 108 inmates (95 for felonies and 13 for misdemeanors). In total, the county has 119 inmates at various detention facilities. 86 clients are serviced by the 24/7 sobriety program. Of these, 57 are on PBT (Personal Breath Test), 15 are on SCRAM (Secure Continuous Remote Alcohol Monitor bracelet), 8 are on GPS, and 6 are on house arrest. Pretrial Services is currently working with 373 clients.