East Helena man accused of selling heroin, Hydrocodone, meth
A 23-year-old East Helena man is accused of selling meth, hydrocodone and heroin.
Caelon Joseph Erickson is charged with two counts of criminal distribution of dangerous drugs, a felony.
On Jan. 30, 2018, a Missouri River Drug Task Force sting operation used two confidential informants, one wearing a wire, to buy heroin and meth from Erickson.
Erickson sold the informants $670 worth of heroin and meth, according to court documents.
On Jan. 7, 2019, a Helena police officer responded to a call about a stolen vehicle. The two men driving the vehicle were stopped and detained. Erickson was searched and the officer found multiple drugs in his possession, including heroin, meth and hydrocodone along with a digital scale, a sorting tool and small baggies used in drug distribution, according to court documents.
Erickson was taken into custody at the Lewis and Clark County Detention Center.
All charged are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
Helena Police Department incidents reported Wednesday, Jan. 9, 2019
- At 8:53 a.m., a school resource officer was called to Broadwater School concerning a disorderly student. No charges were filed.
- At 1 p.m., officers were called to the 300 block of North Park Avenue concerning a male with outstanding warrants. Officers arrested the 35-year-old Helena male for several outstanding warrants, in addition to criminal possession of dangerous drugs. He was booked at the detention center.
- At 1:13 p.m., an officer was called to investigate criminal mischief to a building in the 100 block of North Roberts. It was reported a window was damaged, apparently by being shot with a BB/pellet gun.
- At 2:39 p.m., an officer arrested a 20-year-old Helena female on an outstanding warrant in the 100 block of North Rodney. She was booked at the detention center.
- At 3:33 p.m., an officer investigated a theft from a business in the 1000 block of Helena Avenue. The business reported a male left the store with a pair of shoes without paying.
- At An officer arrested a 38-year-old Helena male on an outstanding warrant related to an investigation from April 2018. He was booked at the detention center.
- At An officer cited a 38-year-old Helena male for misdemeanor theft in relation to a theft from a business reported on Dec. 17. The male was already incarcerated in the detention center on other charges. He was booked on the new charge and left in the custody of detention staff.
- At An officer was notified a firearm reported stolen in a burglary in October 2018 had been located in a pawn shop in Anaconda. Officers worked with Anaconda law enforcement to place a hold on the firearm. Detectives are investigating the case.
- At 2:48 a.m., officers were called to a disturbance at a residence in the 1800 block of Chestnut Street. No arrests were made.
As of Wednesday morning, the county jail held 107 inmates (96 for felonies and 11 for misdemeanors). In total, the county has 131 inmates at various detention facilities. One-hundred-eight clients are serviced by the 24/7 sobriety program. Of these, 47 are on Personal Breath Test, 41 are on Secure Continuous Remote Alcohol Monitor bracelet, 14 are on GPS, and six are on house arrest. Pretrial Services is currently working with 273 clients.