Helena man accused of stealing car, possessing drugs
A 31-year-old Helena man is accused of stealing a car and having opioids.
Nathan Robert King is charged with felony counts of theft and criminal possession of dangerous drugs, along with misdemeanor counts of driving with fictitious plates, criminal possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia.
On Jan. 7, a deputy stopped King while he was driving a vehicle reported as stolen. The deputy spoke with King, who admitted the vehicle was not his. The vehicle had Washington plates, which were not the original plates.
During a search of the vehicle, the deputy found marijuana and syringes with opioids in them, according to court documents.
King was arrested and taken into custody at the Lewis and Clark County Detention Center.
All charged are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
Helena police incidents reported Friday, Jan. 11, 2019
- 1:40 a.m., an officer conducted a traffic stop in the area of Benton and Stuart. At the conclusion of the incident, a 35-year-old female from Helena was arrested for aggravated DUI second offense, driving suspended, and no insurance.
- 9:40 a.m., an officer received a report of a theft of a chair from the 1100 block of 11th Avenue.
- 1:44 p.m., an officer responded to a reported theft of a motor vehicle from the area of Euclid and Garfield. A 2005 white Subaru Legacy with Montana license plates was stolen.
- 2:13 p.m., officers responded to the 800 block of Colleen and arrested a 31-year-old male from Helena.
- 2:36 p.m., officers responded to the 700 block of Fee for a reported disturbance. At the conclusion of the incident a 23-year-old female from Helena was arrested for a no contact order violation.
- 4:58 p.m., officers responded to a reported shoplifting in the 3100 block of North Montana in which the suspect assaulted the loss prevention officer. Suspects have been identified and the investigation of the case is continuing.
- 5:59 p.m., an officer received a report of a shoplift of beer that occurred in the 600 block of North Last Chance Gulch.
- 6:21 p.m., an officer investigated a criminal mischief to a vehicle that occurred in the 3300 block of North Sanders.
- 8 p.m., an officer responded to the 3100 block of North Montana for a reported shoplifting. At the conclusion of the incident, a 24-year-old female from Clancy was cited for theft and released.
- 8:27 p.m., an officer investigated a residential burglary that occurred in the 300 block of Pine.
- 3:16 a.m., an officer responded to the 500 block of North Last Chance Gulch for a theft of jewelry.
On Jan. 10, 2019, the Helena Police Department responded to 93 calls for service. This includes eight vehicle crashes, six animal control calls, four alarm calls, four parking complaints, six suspicious circumstances, six thefts, and nine welfare checks.
As of Friday morning, the county jail held 103 inmates (89 for felonies and 14 for misdemeanors). In total, the county has 129 inmates at various detention facilities. 106 clients are serviced by the 24/7 sobriety program. Of these, 45 are on Personal Breath Test, 41 are on Secure Continuous Remote Alcohol Monitor bracelet, 14 are on GPS, and six are on house arrest. Pretrial Services is currently working with 281 clients.