Montana State News Bureau Chief Holly Michels summarizes the day's news from the Montana Legislative session.
As featured on
Two-thirds of the representatives in the House, which passed the bill by a 96-4 margin, would need to vote for the override to reverse the governor's veto.
The legislation is part of package of bills from Republican Gov. Greg Gianforte to lower the state's top income tax rate and make other tax reductions.
Senate Bill 108, from Sen. Doug Kary, R-Billings, would allow for an initiative election where voters in a county could petition to repeal or amend a local health board's action.
- Bill requiring surgery, court order to update birth certificate for trans Montanans advances
- Montana Legislature overrides Gianforte's 1st veto
- NCAA will pull games from states banning trans women as debate continues in Montana
- Montana House committee tables bill tightening eligibility verification on assistance programs
- Montana House bills limiting executive, local power in pandemic advance
- 'Personhood' bill aiming to ban abortion dies in Montana Senate