Monday was the deadline to file as a candidate for the Montana Legislature, and several Helena-area seats will be contested this year.
In total, 125 legislative seats are up for election, including every seat in the House and 25 in the Senate. Republicans control the House 59-41 and the Senate 32-18.
Though the sheriff and superintendent of schools are facing some competition, most of the Lewis and Clark County officials running for re-elec…
Two seats on the Montana Public Service Commission are also up for election this year, including the one that represents Lewis and Clark County.
The primary election is June 5, and the general election is Nov. 6.
Here are the candidates who have filed for seats representing districts in and around Helena.
- Janet Ellis, Democrat, Helena
- Michael Uda, Democrat, Helena
- John Schmidt, Republican, Helena
- Jill Cohenour, Democrat, Helena
- Bob Leach, Republican, East Helena
- Ross H. Fitzgerald, Republican, Fairfield
- Andrew S. Watson, Republican, Fairfield
- Leonard Bates, Democrat, Wolf Creek
- Julie Dooling, Republican, Helena
- Jon Jackson, Republican, East Helena
- Jim S. Manion, Republican, Townsend
- Tim Ravndal, Republican, Townsend
- Chris Richards, Libertarian, Three Forks
You have free articles remaining.
- Joseph J. Calnan, Democrat, Montana City
- J. Bryher Herak, Democrat, Basin
- Greg DeVries, Republican, Jefferson City
- Gregg Trude, Republican, Clancy
- Jenny Eck, Democrat, Helena
- Becky Beard, Republican, Ellison
- Catherine Scott, Democrat, Helena
- Ron Vandevender, Libertarian, Cascade
- Mary M. Caferro, Democrat, Helena
- Robert Farris-Olsen, Democrat, Helena
- Moffie Funk, Democrat, Helena
- Kim Abbott, Democrat, Helena
- Mary Ann Dunwell, Democrat, Helena
- Berthold G. Stumberg, Republican, East Helena
Public Service Commissioner No. 5
- Brad Johnson, Republican, East Helena
- Andy Shirtliff, Democrat, Helena
- Henry Clay Speich, Democrat, Helena
- Tyrel Suzor-Hoy, Democrat, Helena