The Montana Department of Transportation will host an open house to discuss two projects located on Lincoln Road between Applegate Drive and Interstate 15 north of Helena.
The open house will be held from 4 to 6:30 p.m. Dec. 13 at the Jim Darcy Elementary School Gymnasium, 990 Lincoln Rd W.
Topics covered during the open house include:
• Discuss and comment on improvement options for the Lincoln – Applegate intersection project.
• An update on the Lincoln Road: Montana to I-15 project.
The Lincoln - Applegate intersection project is in the early stages of the design process. MDT is developing the project to improve traffic safety and traffic operations at this intersection. Construction is anticipated to begin in 2021.
For more information about the project, visit: https://www.mdt.mt.gov/pubinvolve/lincolnapplegate/.
The Lincoln Road: Montana to I-15 project began in 2013. MDT will be constructing traffic operations and safety improvements on Lincoln Road from North Montana Avenue through the I-15 interchange. Construction is anticipated to begin in 2022. The planned improvements include:
• A single-lane roundabout with a westbound right-turn bypass lane at the intersection of Lincoln Road and North Montana Avenue.
• An eastbound right-turn bypass lane from Lincoln Road onto the I-15 southbound on-ramp.
• An additional lane on the southbound I-15 on-ramp.
• A westbound left-turn lane from Lincoln Road onto the I-15 southbound on-ramp.
• A single-lane roundabout with a northbound right-turn bypass lane at the Lincoln Road and I-15 northbound off-ramp.
For more information about the Lincoln Road: Montana to I-15 project, visit: https://www.mdt.mt.gov/pubinvolve/lincoln/.