The city of Helena last updated its growth policy almost 10 years ago. With new economic activity and growth over the last decade, it’s important for citizens to provide input on how the city government should promote and respond to growth over the next 20 years.
The growth policy affects every aspect of our daily lives from water, roads, parks and open lands to economic development. A draft of the revised growth policy goals and public comment thus far can be found on the city’s website/Community Development and Planning Department.
On July 16, 17, 18 and 27, opportunities are scheduled for citizen comments and suggestions. Project consultants and city planning staff will provide information, answer questions, and take public input and feedback.
The schedule for these public events is:
• Today: 11 a.m.-2 p.m., Memorial Park
• Wednesday: 11 a.m.-2 p.m., Anchor Park
• Wednesday: 5:30-7:30 p.m., Helena College, Room DON125
• Thursday: 11 a.m.-2 p.m., Van’s Grocery; and the Muni community room, Bill Roberts Golf Course
• Thursday: 5:30-7:30 p.m., CR Anderson Middle School
• July 27: Farmers Market on Fuller Street
Make your voice heard. Help steer Helena’s future.