- At 1:11 a.m., an officer was dispatched to the 2400 block of Broadway Street for a report of a female that was trespassing on the property. Investigation into the trespass led to a 55-year-old female being placed under arrest for misdemeanor trespass to property. She was booked into the county jail.
- At 3:44 a.m., an officer was dispatched to the 2700 block of Prospect Avenue for a report of a possible domestic disturbance. The male party was not on scene when officers arrived. This case will remain active upon locating the male.
- At 12:15 p.m., an officer was dispatched to the 800 block of Abbey Street for a report of a domestic disturbance. Investigation into the disturbance led to a 27-year-old male being placed under arrest for felony partner or family member assault (fourth offense), felony strangulation, and two counts of a no-contact order violation. He was booked into the county jail.
- At 12:49 p.m., an officer was dispatched to the 200 block of Roberts Street for a report of a male who was trespassing on the property. Investigation into the trespass led to an 46-year-old male being issued a citation for misdemeanor trespass to property. He was referred to Helena Municipal Court.
- At 5:30 p.m., an officer was dispatched to the 500 block of Spencer Street for a report of a male in the area that had several warrants. One of the officers located the male driving south on Davis Street. The officer attempted to conduct a traffic stop on the vehicle, but the driver would not stop and kept driving south on Davis. A short vehicle pursuit ensued until the male in the vehicle stopped the vehicle and fled on foot. A search was conducted for the male and with the help of the Lewis and Clark County Sheriff's Office, the male was apprehended shortly after he fled from his vehicle. The 31-year-old male was placed under arrest for the following charges: three Helena District Court warrants, misdemeanor theft, reckless driving, obstructing a peace officer and fleeing/eluding a peace officer. He was booked into the county jail.
The Helena Police Department responded to 116 calls for service, including three non-injury accidents, six civil matters, one stolen vehicle report, eight suspicious incidents, four thefts, four warrant services, and 12 welfare checks. The Police Department also conducted 47 traffic stops.
As of Friday morning, the county jail held 88 inmates (81 for felonies and 7 for misdemeanors). In total, the county has 97 inmates at various detention facilities. 95 clients are serviced by the 24/7 sobriety program. Of these, 49 are on Personal Breath Test, 32 are on Secure Continuous Remote Alcohol Monitor bracelet, three are on GPS, and 11 are on house arrest. Pretrial Services is working with 292 clients.