The public is invited to the Independent Record's inaugural Nurses Appreciation Event, where 10 Helena-area nurses will be recognized for their contributions to the community.
In honor of National Nurses Week, the luncheon event will be held from noon to 1 p.m. Thursday at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Montana, 3645 S. Alice St. Tickets are available for $15 each at helenair.com/event-tickets or at the Independent Record office, 2222 Washington St.
From more than 120 nominations, nine of the nurses were chosen by a panel of representatives from the Independent Record and the local health care community and one was chosen by IR readers in an online poll.
This year's winners are:
- Jennifer Kenison: St. Peter's Health
- Blanche Reishus: Montana VA Health Care System
- Christina Keener: PureView Health Center
- Donna Greenwood: Carroll College
- Karen Zawacki: Montana VA Health Care System
- Stephanie Bauch: East Helena Public Schools
- Jan Campana: Helena College, Leo Pocha Memorial Clinic, Carroll College
- Jennifer Hawkins: Shodair Children's Hospital
- Brenna Scofield: St. Peter's Health
- Candyce Kepler: Shodair Children's Hospital
This year's event is sponsored by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Montana, St. Peter's Health, Carroll College and the Montana VA Health Care System.