{{featured_button_text}}
Emergency icon fire truck

Stock image.

A fire destroyed a garage in Lincoln Thursday morning, according to Zach Muse, fire chief of the Lincoln Volunteer Fire Department.

The fire in the 1800 block of Good News Lane was called into Lewis and Clark County dispatch at 8:30 a.m.

“Heavy black smoke was going out of the eaves,” said Muse, who was the first to arrive on the scene. A short time later, the electric garage door opened on its own, he said, causing the garage to burst into flames from the additional oxygen.

The Department of Natural Resources and Conservation assisted with firefighting, when flames started going into the trees.

You have free articles remaining.

Become a Member

The garage was “a total loss,” Muse said. Firefighters were able to pull some items away from the garage area, including tires, a canoe and a pickup topper canopy.

“It looks like it was electrical,” said Muse, but the fire’s cause hasn’t been officially determined. The property owner told Muse that nothing flammable was in the garage.

The fire took about an hour to extinguish, Muse said.

Subscribe to Daily Headlines

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.
0
0
0
0
0

Load comments