The public is invited to the Independent Record's inaugural Nurses Appreciation Event, where 10 Helena-area nurses will be recognized for their contributions to the community.
In honor of National Nurses Week, the luncheon event will be held from noon to 1 p.m. Thursday at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Montana, 3645 S. Alice St. Tickets are available for $15 each at helenair.com/event-tickets or at the Independent Record office, 2222 Washington St.
From more than 120 nominations, nine of the nurses were chosen by a panel of representatives from the Independent Record and the local health care community and one was chosen by IR readers in an online poll.
This year's winners are:
- Jennifer Kenison: St. Peter's Health
- Blanche Reishus: Montana VA Health Care System
- Christina Keener: PureView Health Center
- Donna Greenwood: Carroll College
- Karen Zawacki: Montana VA Health Care System
- Stephanie Bauch: East Helena Public Schools
- Jan Campana: Helena College, Leo Pocha Memorial Clinic, Carroll College
- Jennifer Hawkins: Shodair Children's Hospital
- Brenna Scofield: St. Peter's Health
- Candyce Kepler: Shodair Children's Hospital
This year's event is sponsored by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Montana, St. Peter's Health, Carroll College and the Montana VA Health Care System.
Get local news delivered to your inbox!
Subscribe to our Daily Headlines newsletter.