- At 10:25 a.m. an officer responded to a North Montana Avenue business concerning a theft. The officer cited and released a 22-year-old Helena male for misdemeanor theft.
- At 4:06 p.m. officers were called to the area of 8th Avenue and North Montana concerning a male – apparently intoxicated – stumbling in traffic. When officers arrived, it was learned the male allegedly assaulted another person. When confronted by officers, the male attempted fleeing, then attempted assaulting one of the officers. After he was detained and the incident investigated, the 26-year-old Helena male was arrested for first offense partner or family member assault, misdemeanor assault (for attempting to punch the arresting officer), obstructing a peace officer, resisting arrest, second offense driving under the influence, aggravated DUI and disorderly conduct. He was booked at the detention center.
- At 4:21 a.m. officers responded to a residence in the 3200 block of Highway 12 East after 911 calls reporting a disturbance. After locating everyone involved and investigating the incident, officers arrested a 39-year-old Helena male for second offense partner or family member assault and strangulation of a partner/family member. Officers also later discovered another male in the residence was the subject of a no contact order prohibiting contact with another person in the residence. Both males were arrested and booked at the detention center.
- At 9:27 a.m. an officer recovered a purse that was found downtown in parking lot #4 on Cruse Avenue.
- At 3:22 p.m. an officer investigated a theft from a storage unit in the 2800 block of North Roberts Street.
- At 3:35 p.m. an officer identified and cited a 32-year-old Helena male for misdemeanor theft related to an incident reported in February of this year. The male was cited and released.
- At 9:04 p.m. officers were called to a disturbance at a residence in the 1400 block of Cole Avenue. After investigation, officers arrested a 33-year-old Helena male for first offense partner or family member assault and for violating the terms of his probation. He was booked at the detention center.
- At 10:00 p.m. officers were called to a disturbance in the 1000 block of North Washington Street. A female called to report having been assaulted by a boyfriend. Officers have identified the male but have been unable to locate him. The case has been referred to the County Attorney’s Office for charges.
As of Tuesday morning, the county jail held 90 inmates (82 for felonies and eight for misdemeanors). In total, the county has 113 inmates at various detention facilities. In addition, 32 are PBT (Personal Breath Test) and 30 are SCRAM (Secure Continuous Remote Alcohol Monitor bracelet). Eighty-four clients are serviced by the 24/7 sobriety program. We also have six testing out of county, one is pre-trial, four are GPS (Global Positioning System bracelet) and 11 are on house arrest.