- At 6:52 a.m. an officer was called to investigate criminal mischief to and theft from a motor vehicle in the 1000 block of 9th Avenue.
- At 8:09 a.m. an officer is investigating the fraudulent use of a credit card at a Helena business. The victim reported about $600 in unauthorized charges on a credit card.
- At 9:25 a.m. an officer took a report of a license plate stolen from a vehicle while parked in the 700 block of North Fee Street.
- At 10:24 a.m. an officer investigated a theft of a package from a residence in the 300 block of North Warren.
- At 10:57 a.m. an officer was called to the 500 block of Logan Street concerning a male trespassing on the property. It was discovered the male was a respondent in an order of protection prohibiting him from being on the property. The 51-year-old Helena male was arrested and charged with violation of a protective order (felony). He was booked at the detention center.
- At 1:17 p.m. an officer was called to investigate a criminal mischief to and theft from a motor vehicle in the 2200 block of North Benton Avenue.
- At 2:45 p.m. an officer investigated a criminal mischief to a vehicle parked in the 500 block of Dreben Way. The owner of the vehicle reported the windshield broken.
- At 4:40 p.m. an officer was called to investigate the theft of a motor scooter from a residence in the 1100 block of Choteau Street.
- At 8:26 p.m. an officer investigated a violation of a temporary restraining order in the 500 block of Logan Street. The officer has requested a warrant be issued for the suspect.
- On July 11, Helena PD responded to 108 calls for service.
- At 1:52 a.m. an officer was patrolling the area of the 3000 block of North Montana and located a female behind a business trespassing on the property. The 30-year-old Helena female was cited for criminal trespass to property and released.
- At 7:58 p.m. officers were called to check on a male at a residence in the 500 block of Logan Street. Officers discovered the male had four warrants for his arrest. The 55-year-old Helena male as arrested on the warrants and booked at the detention center.
As of Thursday morning, the county jail held 102 inmates (99 for felonies and three for misdemeanors). In total, the county has 124 inmates at various detention facilities. In addition, 59 are PBT (Personal Breath Test) and 31 are SCRAM (Secure Continuous Remote Alcohol Monitor bracelet). One-hundred-twelve clients are serviced by the 24/7 sobriety program. Seventeen are on pre-trial, five are on GPS and 17 are on house arrest.