• Billings Senior came back from 10 points down to defeat Bozeman 35-25 in the opening round of the Class AA playoffs at Wendy’s Field at Daylis Stadium. Gabe Sulser ran for three touchdowns and threw another. Senior trailed 18-15 at halftime and 25-15 in the third quarter. Bozeman began the game with a 95-yard kickoff return from Logan Kleinhans. Kleinhans also caught a touchdown pass from Kris Brown. Sulser and Nolan Askelson had three combined touchdown runs in the second half to bring Senior back. The Broncs will take on Missoula Sentinel in the semifinals while Bozeman finishes the season 5-6.
• Kaleb Winterburn scored three touchdowns as No. 3 seeded Helena defeated sixth-seeded Billings West 42-7 in the Class AA quarterfinals. Winterburn rushed for three scores and passed for another for the host Bengals (8-2). He opened the game by flinging a 23-yard TD pass to Ray Trudeau. Winterburn also scored on two 2-yard jaunts in the second quarter to help Helena build a 26-0 halftime lead. West (6-5) received a 1-yard scoring run from Alex Bruns in the third quarter. Helena will face crosstown rival Helena Capital in a semifinal game next week.
• Junior running back Elias DeWaters ran for a 172 yards on 35 carries as No. 7-seeded Missoula Sentinel eclipsed 300 yards on a snowy turf and ran away with a 26-6 upset win against No. 2 seed Missoula Big Sky at Missoula County Stadium. Sentinel travels to face top-ranked Billings Senior next Friday.
• Quarterback Matt McGinley ran 40 yards for a touchdown run to snap a 10-10 tie and Alec McVey-Touchette's score after a fumble sealed the deal as Helena Capital downed Kalispell Flathead 24-10 in a Class AA quarterfinal game in Kalispell. Capital will face crosstown rival Helena next Friday in the semifinals.
• Duncan Kraft rushed for 139 yards and a season-high three touchdowns as Billings Central rolled past Frenchtown 45-10 in Class A quarterfinals at Herb Klindt Field in Billings. Ben Voss added 144 yard rushing. He ran for a score and turned a screen pass into a 62-yard touchdown. Rams’ quarterback Joe Byorth also tossed a 29-yard scoring pass to Chrishon Dixon. Central (9-1), winners of eight straight, will play the winner of Hamilton-Glendive in the semifinals. Michael Richards led the Broncs with 99 yards rushing, including a 44-yard scoring run. Frenchtown finishes 8-3.
• Colter Zentner rushed for 110 yards, passed for 193 yards and added two touchdowns as top-ranked Bridger defeated second-ranked Big Sandy 42-7 in 6-Man quarterfinal play in Bridger.
• Billings West advanced to the Class AA tourney with a 25-20, 25-10, 25-13 playoff sweep of the Butte Bulldogs. The Bears (19-10) enter next weekend’s tournament as the No. 3 seed from the East and will play the West’s No. 2 seed, Helena Capital (18-6), in Thursday’s first round. Butte had its season end at 4-18. West’s Catherine Follett had 11 kills and Ellie Scherffius had eight. Tayler Larsen was credited with seven kills to go along with her 27 assists.