Carroll College's 2018 recruiting class
Here's a look at the newcomers for Saints football:
Name, Pos., Ht., Wt. Hometown (School)
• Jacob Resch, LB, 6-1, 205 pounds, Billings (Billings West)
Strong linebacker who drew praise for his work ethic.
• Tanner Harrell, DE, 6-1, 235 pounds Shepherd (Shepherd High)
Van Diest called him the No. 1 defensive lineman in his recruiting class at the time of his signing.
• Bridger Arvanetes, C, 6-3, 255 pounds, Parker, Colorado, (Ponderosa High)
Saints expect him to hit nearly 300 pounds and join a long line of great centers.
• Josh Vaughn, LB, 6-2, 235 Bolivar, Missouri (Bolivar High)
Incredible athlete with great size coming in.
• Colton Ball, OLB, 6-3, 220 pounds, Clarkston, Washington (Asotin High)
Ball had some of the gaudiest high school stats coming in. He could play on either side of the ball, but will likely begin his career on defense.
• Sam Liday, TE, 6-2, 200 pounds, Pocatello, Idaho (Highland High)
Quality pass-catching tight end that brings a championship pedigree.
• Rex Irby, DB, 5-11, 190 pounds, Boise, Idaho (Bishop Kelly)
Big hitter with a ton of athletic upside.
• Andrew Carter, C, 6-3, 305 pounds, Gooding, Idaho (Gooding High)
Mammoth size could give Carter a chance to play immediately
• Cameron Brown, RB, 6-foot, 200-pounds, Bountiful, Utah (Viewmont High)
Speedy back with power.
• Matt Culpon, TE, 6-3, 225 pounds, Helena (Capital High)
Local product should mesh well at Carroll.
• Robert Kvinsland, QB, 6-3, 225 pounds, Gig Harbor (Idaho State)
Has a chance to compete for a starting job immediately after transferring from Idaho State.
• Ricky Gamino, DL, 5-10, 255 pounds, Alpine, California (Trinity International)
The transfer could add some punch to the defensive line.
• Jacob Hommes, QB, 6-0, 195 pounds, Lynden, Washington, (Lynden High)
Saints get another athlete at quarterback.
• Rylan Severson, WR, 5-11, 180 pounds, Lynden, Washington (Lynden High)
Severson could have the right tools to be another productive receiver with Carroll.
• Jack Peed, DL, 5-10, 210 pounds, Rathdrum, Idaho (Lakeland High)
Hard working kid from Idaho could develop into another strong lineman.
• Corbin Walker, FB, 5-10, 200 pounds, Butte (Butte High)
The back from Butte brings big size and attitude to the Saints.
• Matt Heutmaker, LB, 5-11, 200 pounds, Highlands Ranch, Colorado (Mountain Vista High)
Another in a strong crop of linebackers.
• Conor McKenna, LB, 6-1, 205 pounds, Spokane, Washington (Eastern Washington)
The transfer linebacker figures to be a force on the interior of the Saints defense.
• Micah Ans, DB, 5-11, 155 pounds, Billings (Billings Senior)
The defensive back out of Billings played a big role on one of the best defenses in the state and should be a playmaker for the Saints.
• Tyler Smith, LB, 6-2, 210 pounds, Manhattan (Manhattan High)
Smith played defensive end in high school, but the Saints have him pegged as a linebacker.
• Luke Wilson, LB, 6-2, 185 pounds, Missoula (Hellgate High)
The linebacker joins his older brother on the Sanits.