Several Easter egg hunts, and other activities, are planned in the Helena area this weekend.
Easter egg hunt at the Waterford, 915 Saddle Drive. Open to the public. The proceeds will benefit The Angel Fund. Refreshments and hot dogs.
- The annual VFW Easter egg hunt is at 1 p.m. at Main Street Park in East Helena. There will be three age groups 0-4, 5-7, 8-10. Collect prizes at the Fireman’s Hall.
- A free Easter egg hunt and spring carnival is at Jim Darcy School (west of Montana Avenue on Lincoln Road) at 4 p.m. There will be egg hunts for children, a rock wall, cotton candy, bounce houses, games, door prizes and more. The event is sponsored by Big Sky Fellowship.
- Also on Sunday is the Eagles Aerie No. 16 annual Easter egg hung on the front lawn of the Capitol. The event starts at 1 p.m. Call 442-4279 for more information.
- Living Hope Fellowship is holding an Easter egg hunt at Women’s Park, corner of Neill and Fuller Avenues, at 1 p.m. Prizes include four bicycles for each age group. All children attending will receive a prize. Immediately following is the prize giveaway and potluck at Living Hope Fellowship, 614 N. Main. Easter service at 10 a.m.
- The Great Northern Carousel, 989 Carousel Way, will be open from 1 to 6 p.m., with free rides for everyone from 4 to 6 p.m. Call 457-5353 for more information.
- The annual Easter egg hunt at Lakeside, 5295 York Road, starts at 1 p.m. The tradition has been a Tri-lakes fundraiser for 40 years.
- West Valley Fire Department is holding an Easter egg hunt at 1 p.m. at the Masonic Home, 2010 Masonic Home Road, for ages 0-8.
- Encounter Church’s first-ever Easter worship gathering is Sunday at 11 a.m. at the Pattern House, 1229 E. Lyndale. There will be live worship music with an edge and an encouraging message. For the kids, an egg hunt is planned and the church is giving away the “biggest Easter basket ever.” Visit www.encounterhelena.org; e-mail email@example.com; or 465-0286.