A series of six listening sessions aimed at gauging community goals for Helena school district facilities will kick off Nov. 9 and continue into December.
Virginia Tribe, a Missoula-based moderator, will be leading the sessions as the school district begins planning for its next bond election. A $70 million elementary school bond failed in late June.
“We know our students and teachers need better school facilities in which to learn and to teach,” board chair Aidan Myhre is quoted as saying in a press release. “It’s important for us to hear the public’s ideas to move forward together on another school facility bond.”
Superintendent Kent Kultgen added, “Facilities are important to support our District’s educational goals. These Listening Sessions are a good way for the community to engage in the process and to let us know what is important to them.”
These listening sessions will convene at 5:30 p.m. and include refreshments. Each meeting will officially begin at 6 p.m. and end by 8:30 p.m.
Listening session schedule
- Monday, Nov. 9, Ray Bjork Learning Center Gym, 1600 8th Ave.
- Wednesday, Nov. 11, Ray Bjork Learning Center Gym, 1600 8th Ave.
- Thursday, Nov. 12, Jim Darcy Elementary School, 990 Lincoln Road West
- Monday, Dec. 7, Ray Bjork Learning Center Gym, 1600 8th Ave.
- Wednesday, Dec. 9, Ray Bjork Learning Center Gym, 1600 8th Ave.
- Thursday, Dec. 10, Warren Elementary School, 2690 Old York Road