- At 3:53 a.m. officers responded to a business in the 1800 block of East Custer Avenue concerning a male sleeping in the business’s bathroom. Officers identified the male and learned of a warrant for his arrest. Officers also discovered drugs and drug paraphernalia in his possession. The 26-year-old Denver male was arrested on the warrant, in addition to criminal possession of dangerous drugs (felony) and criminal possession of drug paraphernalia. He was booked at the detention center.
- At 11:52 a.m. an officer took a report of a stolen motor vehicle from the 300 block of Euclid Avenue. The truck is a white 1997 Dodge 3500 pickup, with Montana license 5-61740A. There is a suspect in the theft. Anyone with information on the location of the truck or on the theft is asked to contact the police department.
- At 1:27 p.m. an officer arrested a 30-year-old Helena female on a warrant in the 1300 block of Hollins Avenue. She was booked at the detention center.
- At 2:46 p.m. officers were called to a vehicle crash at 6th Avenue and Rodney Street. After investigating, officers arrested one of the vehicle drivers – a 69-year-old Helena female – for 2nd offense driving under the influence, aggravated DUI and an additional traffic violation. She was booked at the detention center.
- At 3:38 p.m. an officer spoke with an employee of a business in the 100 block of East Broadway concerning a suspicious telephone call she received at the business.
- At 9:45 p.m. an officer investigated a theft of a purse at a business in the 1900 block of Prospect Avenue.
- At 1:48 a.m. officers responded to a residence in the 3200 block of Highway 12 East concerning a burglary to the residence. The resident reported a male broke into the residence and fled when confronted. The suspect is known to the homeowner. The officer is continuing to investigate.
As of Wednesday morning, the county jail held 96 inmates (90 for felonies and six for misdemeanors). In total, the county has 114 inmates at various detention facilities. In addition, 37 are PBT (Personal Breath Test) and 27 are SCRAM (Secure Continuous Remote Alcohol Monitor bracelet). Eighty-five clients are serviced by the 24/7 sobriety program. We also have six testing out of county, one is pre-trial, three are GPS (Global Positioning System bracelet) and 11 are on house arrest.