- At 1:05 a.m. an officer was patrolling the area of Rodney and Broadway. He conducted a traffic stop on a vehicle due to an equipment violation. The officer made contact with the male driver and identified him. It was learned that the driver had a suspended driver’s license and a valid warrant for his arrest. While arresting the male, drugs and drug paraphernalia were located on his person. The 23-year-old Helena-area man was arrested for the warrant, driving suspended, possession of dangerous drugs (methamphetamine) and possession of drug paraphernalia. He was booked into the jail with no bond.
- At 8:31 a.m. an officer responded to the 700 block of Broadway for a report of a burglary. It was reported a garage was broken into and items were stolen from inside.
- At 9:58 a.m. an officer responded to the area of Benton and Andesite for a report of theft. It was reported items were stolen from a construction site.
- At 12:55 p.m. an officer responded to the 600 block of N. Warren for a report of a theft of belongings from a vehicle.
- At 1:36 p.m. an officer responded to the 1000 block of Stuart for a report of an identity theft. The case is active.
- At 2:31 p.m. an officer was dispatched the 2100 block of E. Custer for a report of a theft of a wallet. The case is active.
- At 2:42 p.m. an officer was dispatched the 1200 block of Maple for a report of a theft from a business. The case is active.
- At 3:53 p.m. an officer responded to the 3000 block of N. Montana for a report of an assault. It was reported the caller was threatened by a male over driving. The case is active.
- At 3:55 p.m. an officer was dispatched to the 1000 block of Ewing for a report of a theft of a purse from a vehicle.
- At 4:22 p.m. an officer was dispatched to the 10 block of S. Rodney for a report of a domestic assault; the suspect fled the scene prior to police arrival. The suspect is known and the case is active.
- At 6:49 p.m. an officer responded to the 100 block of Humbolt Loop for a report of a fraud. The case is active.
- At approximately 8:17 p.m. officers were dispatched to the 3200 block of Sanders for a report of a male pointing a rifle at another. The caller advised he was driving in the area and got his vehicle stuck. When trying to get his vehicle out, the caller was confronted by another man who was staying in a camp trailer in the area. The man in the trailer then took out a rifle and pointed it at the caller and the passenger. Officers created a perimeter in the area and contacted area businesses to advise them of the complaint. After a short time, officers located the suspect male and the rifle, which turned out to be a pellet rifle. The Helena area suspect, identified as 58-year-old William Bagosy was arrested for two counts of assault with a weapon. He was booked into the LCSO jail with no bond.
- The Helena Police Department responded to 85 calls for service. Of those calls, they responded to six vehicle crashes, 10 welfare checks, three threats calls, three disorderly calls and seven suspicious circumstance calls.
As of Tuesday morning, the county jail held 88 inmates (82 for felonies and six for misdemeanors). In total, the county has 107 inmates at various detention facilities. In addition, 34 are PBT (Personal Breath Test) and 29 are SCRAM (Secure Continuous Remote Alcohol Monitor bracelet). Ninety clients are serviced by the 24/7 sobriety program. We also have six testing out of county, one is pre-trial, four are GPS (Global Positioning System bracelet) and 16 are on house arrest.