- At 2:00 a.m. an officer was patrolling the area of Rodney and 15th Street when he came across a vehicle that was stopped in the driving lane and made contact with the driver. The male driver demonstrated signs of impairment, which initiated testing for DUI. At the conclusion of the investigation, the 40-year-old Helena man was arrested for DUI and booked into the LCSO jail.
- At 10:38 a.m. a school resource officer responded to the 1200 block of Knight for a report of a theft. It was reported a delivery truck was parked outside a school when someone stopped and stole a case of Kleenex out of the truck. The case is active.
- At 10:53 a.m. a school resource officer responded to the 1300 block of Billings for a report of an assault that occurred. The case is active.
- At 11:09 a.m. an officer responded to the 1700 block of 11th Avenue for a report of a theft from a vending machine.
- At 11:14 a.m. an officer responded to the 1000 block of Dearborn for a report of a theft of a wallet from a vehicle.
- At 11:20 a.m. a school resource officer responded to the 1300 block of Billings for a report of a disorderly student. The case is active.
- At 11:49 a.m. an officer was dispatched the 3200 block of Highway 12 East for a report of a domestic disturbance.
- At 2:28 p.m. an officer responded to the 2000 block of N. Montana for a report of criminal mischief to several vehicle.
- At 4:54 p.m. an officer responded to the 1300 block of Glendale for a report of a domestic disturbance. At the conclusion of the investigation, a 15-year-old Helena male was cited for partner/family member assault. He was referred to Juvenile Probation.
- At 6:54 p.m. officers responded to the 1600 block of 11th Avenue for a report of a possible burglary. A suspect was located and the case is active.
- At 11:20 p.m. an officer responded to the 800 block of N. Ewing for a report of a stolen vehicle. It was reported a white 2011 Nissan Armada with Montana license plate number BMS467 was taken from this location. The vehicle was left unlocked with the keys inside. The case is active.
As of Thursday morning, the county jail held 97 inmates (87 for felonies and 10 for misdemeanors). In total, the county has 114 inmates at various detention facilities. In addition, 35 are PBT (Personal Breath Test) and 26 are SCRAM (Secure Continuous Remote Alcohol Monitor bracelet). 84 clients are serviced by the 24/7 sobriety program. We also have 6 testing out of county, 1 is pre-trial, 5 are GPS (Global Positioning System bracelet), and 11 are on house arrest.