- At 12:42 a.m., an officer was patrolling the area of 11th and Montana when he conducted a traffic stop due to an equipment violation. The officer made contact with the male driver and observed indications of impairment. The male driver was tested for DUI. the male driver exhibited impairment and was arrested. The 23-year-old Helena man was arrested for DUI and no valid driver's license. He was booked into the LCSO jail.
- At 9:16 a.m., officers responded to the 800 block of North Cooke for a report of a domestic disturbance. officers made contact with the involved parties. At the conclusion of the investigation, a 29-year-old Helena man was arrested for Partner/Family Member Assault. He was booked into the LCSO jail.
- At 9:58 a.m., a school resource officer responded to the 1200 block of Knight for a report of a student in possession of tobacco. The juvenile male was cited for possession of tobacco and referred to Municipal Court.
- At 11:48 a.m., an officer responded to the 800 block of Troy Court for a report of a family disturbance. The officer arrived and made contact will all of the involved parties. It was determined nothing criminal occurred.
- At 1:29 p.m., an officer responded to the 2900 block of Prospect for a report of threats. Both parties were contacted and no charges were filed.
- At 1:37 p.m., an officer was dispatched the 1100 block of Euclid for a report of an impaired female getting ready to drive from that location. An officer arrived and located the female in her vehicle. The 47-year-old Helena woman was tested for DUI and arrested. She was booked into the LCSO jail.
- At 8:32 p.m., an officer was dispatched the 1300 block of Billings Avenue for a report of a student at the school in possession of marijuana. The juvenile female was identified and cited for possession of dangerous drugs and possession of drug paraphernalia. She was referred to Juvenile Probation.
- At 8:48 p.m., an officer responded to the 500 block of Logan for a report of a domestic disturbance. The officer arrived and made contact with the involved parties. It was determined nothing criminal occurred.
- At 10:54 p.m., an officer responded to the 800 block of Oregon for a report of a theft of medical marijuana.
- At 11:21 p.m., an officer responded to the 10 block of Last Chance Gulch for a report of a male using a fake ID to purchase alcohol. The 20-year-old Helena man was located. He was cited for underage possession of alcohol and possession of a fake ID. He was referred to Municipal Court.
The Helena Police Department responded to 68 calls for service. Of those calls, they responded to 16 vehicle crashes, 3 Welfare Checks, 3 Domestic Disturbance calls, 3 threats calls, and 3 Suspicious Circumstance calls.
As of Saturday morning, the county jail held 89 inmates (77 for felonies and 12 for misdemeanors). In total, the county has 108 inmates at various detention facilities.