- At 7 p.m. an officer met with a Helena resident concerning a possible assault on a minor involving a family member. The case is under investigation.
- An officer took a report of a theft from a motor vehicle parked in the 900 block of 12th Avenue.
- At 9:24 a.m. an officer was called to investigate a theft from a business in the 3100 block of North Montana Avenue. A female attempted to leave the store with about $500 in merchandise. Store employees stopped the female and recovered the merchandise, however the female fled. The officer is working to identify the female.
- At 2:35 p.m. officers responded to Helena High School concerning a male trespassing on the property. The officer cited and released an 18-year-old Helena man for criminal trespass to property.
- At 5:58 p.m. an officer was called to investigate a theft from a business in the 600 block of North Fee Street. The officer arrested a 36-year-old Helena female for an outstanding arrest warrant and misdemeanor theft (shoplifting). She was booked at the detention center.
- At 7:25 p.m. an officer responded to a residence in the 300 blcok of 5th Avenue concerning a possibly suicidal male. The male was placed into protective custody. During the course of the incident, the male at one point made threats and actions toward assaulting the officer. The 49-year-old Helena male was cited for misdemeanor assault and was released after being examined at the hospital.
- At 7:33 p.m. an officer took a report from a complainant in the 3200 block of Cabernet Drive of a theft of credit and debit cards and their use at businesses in Helena. The case is under investigation.
- At 12:12 a.m. officers were called to the 500 block of Logan concerning two people trespassing on the property. Officers arrested a 37-year-old Helena female on several outstanding warrants. She was booked at the detention center.
- At 10:22 a.m. an officer spoke with a complainant out of state by telephone concerning a possible theft/fraud. The officer determined no crime had been committed and the situation was due to a clerical error.
- At 12:04 p.m. an officer arrested a 30-year-old male Helena resident in the 800 block of Colleen Street on an arrest warrant from another jurisdiction. He was booked at the detention center.
- At 2:03 p.m. an officer spoke with an out of state complainant who wished to report his adult brother as a missing person. The male – 64-year-old Patrick Niergarth – was likely last seen in Butte on Dec. 6, 2017. Niergarth is 5 feet 9 inches tall, about 178 pounds with white hair and hazel eyes. He may be traveling in a red 2012 Ford Focus with Montana license plate BZK877. A photo of Niergarth is attached. Anyone with information on his whereabouts is asked to call their local law enforcement, or the HPD at 406-442-3233.
- At 6:20 p.m. officers were called to the 2700 block of Prospect Avenue concerning a possible shoplifting incident. Officers arrested a 64-year-old Helena male on an outstanding warrant out of Washington state. He was booked at the detention center. Officers also located a 20-year-old Helena male who was wanted in connection to an earlier theft from the store. He was cited for misdemeanor theft and released.
- At 7:22 p.m. officers were called to a disturbance at a residence in the 10 block of South Rodney. No arrests were made.
- At 2:40 a.m. officers investigated the theft of a small utility trailer from a residence in the 200 block of North Rodney Street.
As of Wednesday morning, the county jail held 94 inmates (90 for felonies and four for misdemeanors). In total, the county has 110 inmates at various detention facilities. In addition, 33 are PBT (Personal Breath Test) and 27 are SCRAM (Secure Continuous Remote Alcohol Monitor bracelet). Eighty-seven clients are serviced by the 24/7 sobriety program. We also have six testing out of county, one is pre-trial, seven are GPS (Global Positioning System bracelet) and 13 are on house arrest.