- At approximately 12:20 a.m. an officer responded to a reported criminal mischief in the 100 block of S. Davis. It was reported that graffiti was painted on the complainant’s fence. The officer located additional graffiti of the same nature painted in area later on Dec. 1. On Dec. 4 an officer responded to the downtown area for several more reports of criminal mischiefs of the same nature. As of Dec. 5, the HPD has received reports or located at least 25 case of criminal mischief in and around the downtown area. All the graffiti is similar in nature and appears to have been put there by the same person(s). The case is still under investigation. Anyone with information on this case should contact the Helena Police Department at 406-442-3233 or Helena Area Crimestopper 406-443-2000.
- At 9:21 a.m. an officer responded to a report of trespassing to motor vehicles that occurred in the 500 block of Hollins.
- At 9:33 a.m. an officer responded to the 2800 block of Roberts for a report locks had been cut off storage units.
- At 10:06 a.m. officers responded to the 3300 block of Vigilante for a reported domestic disturbance. At the conclusion of the investigation, a 31-year-old male from Helena was arrested for partner family member assault and criminal mischief.
- At 10:37 a.m. an officer responded to a report of shoplifting that occurred in the 3100 block of N. Montana.
- At 11:21 a.m. an officer investigated a theft that occurred in the 1200 block of Euclid Avenue.
- At 2:50 p.m. an officer investigated a reported domestic disturbance that occurred in the 2000 block of Villard.
- At 3:35 p.m. officers responded to the 1600 block of Aspen for a report domestic disturbance.
- At 4:34 p.m. an officer responded to the 3000 block of N. Sanders for a reported shoplifting.
- At 4:48 p.m. an officer investigated a theft that occurred in the 1700 block of Cedar.
- At 5:58 p.m. an officer responded to a report theft of a bicycle in the 3300 block of N. Montana.
- At 6:22 p.m. an officer investigated a burglary to a residence that occurred in the 1900 block of Townsend.
- At 8:47 p.m. an officer investigated a report of shoplifting that occurred in the 600 block of N. Montana.
- At 9:07 p.m. an officer was dispatched to a report of a male in the road shouting at vehicles in the 1600 block of 11th Avenue. Prior to officers arriving on scene, a 911 call was received that the male had been struck by a vehicle. The male was transported via ambulance to the hospital. The roadway was blocked for several hours while officers investigated the crash. The preliminary investigation indicates that the 32-year-old male from East Helena was in the roadway when he was struck by an eastbound 1997 Ford Explorer driven by a 45-year-old male from Helena. No citations were issued an the crash is still under investigation.
- At 10:15 p.m. officers responded to the 100 block of N. Lamborn for a reported theft.
- At 10:58 p.m. officers responded to the 800 block of Strawberry for a reported domestic disturbance. At the conclusion of the incident, a 22-year-old female from Helena was arrested for partner family member assault.
- On Dec. 4 officers responded to 97 calls for service, including 10 motor vehicle crashes.
As of Tuesday morning, the county jail held 83 inmates (73 for felonies and 10 for misdemeanors). In total, the county has 107 inmates at various detention facilities. In addition, 33 are PBT (Personal Breath Test) and 29 are SCRAM (Secure Continuous Remote Alcohol Monitor bracelet). Ninety-three clients are serviced by the 24/7 sobriety program. We also have six testing out of county, one is pre-trial, seven are GPS (Global Positioning System bracelet) and 17 are on house arrest.